Australia’s First Place-Based Impact Investment Fund Creating WA Impact
The WA Impact Fund is Western Australia’s first investment fund to deliver intentional social, environmental, cultural and economic returns. Developed in partnership between Impact Seed and Impact Investment Group, and anchored by WA Super (merged with Aware Super in 2020), it is designed as a ‘deep impact’ fund which seeks robust social, cultural, environmental and economic returns, with a focus on investments that can also create systems-level and catalytic impacts. ***UPDATE (NOV2021: WA IMPACT FUND # 1 IS CURRENTLY FULLY COMMITTED***
We support investment readiness, fund scaling, as well as workshops and capacity building for community organisations, foundations, impact ventures and government sectors. The WAIF mandate includes:
- Regenerative Agriculture & For-Purpose Property
– Farming that improves biodiversity, enriches soils, supports bio-sequestration and/or improves water management.
– Social or affordable housing, and property for non-profits and other community groups.
- WA Social Enterprises (late seed-stage)
– Trading, post-revenue social enterprises driven by a social and/or environmental impact mission seeking growth funds.
- Rooftop solar, batteries and energy efficiency for community assets
– Including community housing, aged care, schools, childcare and community centres.
If you are seeking investment or investment readiness support please check out our Impact 2 Innovate program at the EOI link below.